How to Celebrate World Elephant Day with Travelphotolenes
Hello travel enthusiasts and those people interested in preserving this beautiful place we call earth!
I have a very important message to you from the organizers of #worldelephantday.
August 12 is World Elephant Day! We created this special day to raise awareness of the worsening plight of Asian and African elephants. Poaching, habitat loss and human-elephant conflict are just some of the issues threatening the world’s elephants. World Elephant Day aims to raise awareness of these issues and encourage the global community to work together to support the conservation of these magnificent creatures.
This year to celebrate World Elephant Day, we are raising awareness for elephants through #Eleedraw, a coloring challenge that encourages people of all ages to grab their pencil crayons, color our elephant drawing, and share it on social media with the hashtag #Eleedraw.
Here are some ideas how you can celebrate:
- Download the #Eleedraw from our website, color, and share on social media with the hashtag #Eleedraw
- Sign the pledge on the World Elephant Day website to support a world that protects elephants, wildlife, and their habitat
- Host your own World Elephant Day and watch When Elephants Were Young, a feature film about the plight of Asian elephants that’s being released on World Elephant Day.
- Share your favorite elephant stories, photos, videos, and books with us on Facebook
- Post a photo of yourself holding the reasons you love elephants and share it on social media with the hashtag #Worldelephantday
- Write a blog post about elephants and share it on your website or on World Elephant Day’s Facebook
- Donate to the World Elephant Society to help raise funds for their latest project SAET, Safe Asia Elephant Tourism.
Help bring the world together to save elephants. For more information on World Elephant Day and how you can help visit: www.worldelephantday.org